PRAN Card: A National Pension System (NPS) was formulated in the year 2004 for central government employees. It was maintained by making deposits annually. The above system was feasible only for those who are currently employed.
This was to help them build a corpus retirement plan. Although, the above plan was created only for central government employees initially, it was later made available to workers in every sector and industry.
The best way an employee can help himself financially after he gets retired is by making annual payments to give him market linked returns. This happens directly through the National Pension System.
By making annual deposits of his income, an employee can make himself self reliant financially even after his retirement. In order to get returns after their retirement by depositing their income, they need to have a Permanent Retirement Account.
Employees need to have a Permanent Retirement Account to which they will need to apply to get a Permanent Retirement Account Number card, or PRAN card. This is how they can join the NPS.
Table of Contents
What is PRAN Card?
Each employee needs to subscribe for NPS which is a personalized 12-digit number. This is what it’s called a PRAN card. This number can be reachable for any location in the country. It will remain active for those who are also subscriber for this number.
As per the law, a PRAN card is mandatory for every NPS subscriber. In addition to the above, they might also have a PRAN which is generally the main PRan document.
In this context, those who are Permanent Retirement Account subscribers can have either Tier I or Tier II accounts.
Under the NPS system, a former account type is needed . In order to get one, a subscriber needs to make his annual contribution to get his money after retirement. Also, no one can withdraw any amount from this account during the working years. It’s because this amount or fund is kept to be used after retirement.
PRAN Card Details
|Name of the Scheme||PRAN Card|
|Full Form||Permanent Retirement Account Number|
|Needed for||State and Central government employees|
How to Apply for a PRAN Card?
There are two options which is via an online or offline mode. For offline mode, you need to visit a PoP, or Point of Presence. It’s well authorized by the National Pension System (NPS).
Afterwards, you have to complete your Annexure S1 of the NPS Application Form, which is actually nothing but a PRAN along with an application form. Take a look at what is basically included in an application form:
- Personal details
- Employment details
- Nomination details
- Details of the scheme
- A declaration made by the PRFDA (Pension Regulatory Fund and Development Authority) subscriber
- You also need to submit the completed PRAN application form
Anyone who is a National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) user has an authority to open a Permanent Retirement Account online. He can do that by visiting the NSDL website. It’s a huge website needed for all kinds of NPS-related activities.
If you wish to apply for a NSDL PRAN, you need to have an Aadhaar number or PAN number. Both these techniques are given below:
PRAN Card Application with PAN
You need to adhere to the following conditions at the time of applying for a Permanent Retirement Account Number Card:
- You need to have a valid bank account along with impaneled Bank for KYC verification
- Your bank is authorized to carry out KYC verification at the time of registration
- Your name and address given must match with the records of the bank
- The applicant needs to supply all the required information online
- All canceled checks and PAN cards need to be uploaded
- All cardholders need to scan their signature and upload it along with the application
- It will generate a payment link to make a deposit
- You can either select an ‘esign’ facility
- The PRA contributions are credited in T+2, or 2 days, following the date of your payment
PRAN Card Application using Aadhar card
For making KYC verification successful, the technique uses an OTP which is sent to the registered mobile number. Now, after the confirmation is done, the online form can be filled with your application which is stored in your Aadhar database.
You also need to take care of all the remaining fields that you have to fill it properly before you upload your scanned signature. If done correctly, you will be taken to the payment gateway to complete your online application.
Documents Required for PRAN Card Application
Take a look below at the documents needed for Permanent Retirement Account Number Card application:
- Scanned passport
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature
- Scanned copy of a cancelled check
- Aadhaar card
How Can I Print an e-PRAN Card?
In case, you wish to print an print an e-PRAN, adhere to the following:
- You can have a printed PRAN card after you select “Print and Courier” from the from the “eSign” / Print and Courier”
- All applicants need to login to their respective NPS account nane then select “Print e-PRAN” option. You can also start an e-PRAN card
- Please note that a PRAN card is crucial as it can connect to your NPS account
How to Monitor PRAN Card Dispatch Status?
A PRAN card to a nodal office within a span of 20 days of the day the CRA-FC office receives.
This is how an applicant can contact with status of their PRAN card online. They need to visit NPS-NSDL portal and then search for “Track the status of PRAN Card”.
You need to first input your PRAN after you arrive at the webpage. You will then be able to check the status of your PRAN card.
PRAN Card Activation Process
You can activate PRAN card by using the “eSign” option. Using this option, you can further use the paperwork.
This approach can be used by those who have applied for a PRAN card using your Aadhar number. This is how you can activate your PAN card.
- MLC Voter List 2023: Voter List Download, New UP MLC Voter List
- Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme: Delhiites to Get App Based Premium Buses