Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana: This post is full of information regarding the PMMSY scheme to be launched by our beloved Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on September 10, 2020.
Through this post, we will not only update you with all the specifications and guidelines about this scheme but will also the benefits of this scheme.
Later in the post, readers can also grab the information regarding e-Gopala App that will also be launched by the PM along with Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. This will further empower farmers to reap far more benefits using this scheme in the long run.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
A whopping sum of Rs 20,000 crore has been sanctioned for the upcoming Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana to be launched by the PM on September 10, 2020. The above government is basically designed and likely to be implemented by looking at various loopholes in the fisheries and Animal Husbandry sector.
The entire amount of Rs 20,000 will be spent for various other purposes like inland fisheries, exercises in marine and aquaculture.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Details
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Purpose||To Empower fishing techniques|
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Benefits
The purpose of launching Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is not just one but many. In a nutshell, the PMMSY scheme will help farmers engaged in fisheries and Animal Husbandry in great ways. It will equip them with all the knowledge and information to undergo best practices to cultivate best breed of fishes in minimal amount of time.
For example, PMMSY government scheme is going to increment or enhance the fair practice of horticulture, abatement agrarian waste and modernize handling.
In order to achieve all the above targets, the admin of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) has already proposed the most credible fishery board structure by ensuring no loopholes in the entire system.
In the due course of implementing the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), the government has recognized some hot spots in achieving the so called blue revolution that can possibly help in achieving the desired amount of fish production by maintaining the quality standards.
In order to better understand and implement the PMMSY scheme, you need to first understand its basic components or structure. It’s because there are various other things that are to be launched right after launching the above scheme.
For example, the PM will launch the e-Gopala App that will also become a great tool to help farmers getting the right information to enhance the productivity of fishes. Take a look at the two components of PMMSY scheme:
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme
- Central Sector Scheme
Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The overall budget of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is over Rs 2000 crore that will be spent during the implementation of this scheme by the central government. There is already a set guideline to implement the PMMYS scheme in various steps.
The Fishery and Animal Husbandry is a sector having huge potential. As per reports, there were some loopholes in managing the fish production to the optimum levels.
In order to enhance the overall fish production by ensuring the quality standards, the central government has launched this scheme that will eventually benefit thousands of farmers.
In addition to this, it will also create hundreds of job opportunities that are directly related to Animal Husbandry or fishery department. In addition to this, it will also equip our farmers engaged into this business with all the latest knowledge to manifold overall fish production and to enhance revenue in this sector.
What Are the Implementing Guidelines of PMMSY Scheme?
Long before the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, the government released a few guidelines on June 30, 2020 for the implementation of the same.
As per the sources, the total investment made by the government in this regard is somewhere around Rs 9400 crore. The contribution made by the state government will be Rs 4,880 crore. At the same time, the beneficiary contribution will be Rs 5,763 crore.
Please take a look at the below mentioned guidelines for more clarity:
In order to implement the PMMSY scheme, the government has decided to use area or cluster based approach for all kinds of end to end solutions
One of the motives to implement the above scheme is to enhance both the production and quality of fishery industry. This can be easily done by implementing the latest technologies like Aquaponics, Re-circulatory Aquaculture Systems, Cage Cultivation and more.
In areas full of Brakish water or salinity, special focus will be maintained on Aquaculture expansion and cold water fisheries development.
PMMSY scheme is expected to generate huge employment opportunities in the Fisheries and Animal Husbandry sector.
There are some areas that will be given special weightage regarding some special development plans like Northeast, Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) and Laddakh
The PMMSY scheme will obviously enhance the bargaining power of farmers related to fisheries that will be done through Fish Farmer Producer Organizations (FFPO)
The above scheme will be used to develop various high standard aqua parks that will work as the hub of all the fisheries facilities or activities in a precised manner
The PMMSY scheme will surely give way to establish various Fisheries Incubation Centres (FICs). In the due course of time, it will be encouraged by both the private and the government sector under the scheme
The above scheme is able to build all the very requisite convergence with the concerned departments like ICAR and DARE
Using the above scheme, the annual Livelihood support would be provided to fishers etc
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Objective
Take a look at the PMMSY scheme objectives to understand it in better ways:
- The PMMSY scheme (after implementation) is likely to improve the current framework of the fishery and Animal Husbandry industry
- PMMSY will expand the development of food preparing part in the nation.
- It will bring more employment opportunities to the ailing farmers
- The scheme will also help to bring down the huge wastage of horticulture items
- The farmers attached to this industry will be able to generate better revenue after the implementation of the scheme
- The scheme will improve the overall production as well as quality of fisheries in the country
- It will improve the social, financial and physical security for fish ranchers
- The PMMSY scheme will also enhance the active fisheries management and better administrative structure
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Beneficiaries
In India, fisheries and Animal Husbandry is a huge sector that has the potential to earn huge revenue. But the non availability of advanced procedures and guidelines make it impossible to use the latest technology to achieve the best results.
The implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, the country is expected to grow exponentially with the help of improved production of fish by maintaining the quality standards.
The direct beneficiaries of PMMSY scheme include the following:
- Fish farmers or fishers
- Fish vendors and fish
- Fisheries Development Corporation
- Both central government and state government initiative
- Central Government and its entities
- Private firms and Entrepreneurs
- Fisheries Federations
- Fish Farmers Producer Organizations/Companies (FFPOs/Cs)
Right now, the government has not disclosed any specific procedure or guideline to register on the portal.
The government will surely update you with all the registration procedure and activities to become a member of the corporation.
How to Download the latest guidelines of the above scheme?
Those who like to get in touch with more information can easily download the user guide which is available online. Please click on PMMSY User Guidelines to get more information about the scheme.
PMMSY Scheme Impact
The above scheme is going to impact the entire Indian fisheries sector. This is how the above scheme is aimed to work in the favor of hundreds of farmers who are directly attached to this sector
- The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana will help in enhancing the overall fish production from 137.58 lakh metric tons (2018-19) to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024-25
- It will help sustain the average annual growth of 9% in fish production
- The PMMSY scheme will surely help to double in export earnings
- The PMMSY scheme is also expected to improve the overall productivity in aquaculture
- The scheme will also decrease the losses incurred due to post harvest issues
- The PMMSY scheme will generate more than 55 lakh job opportunities (directly or indirectly) in the fisheries sector
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme List 2021: PM Kisan 8th installment, pmkisan.gov.in List June 23, 2021
- SSSM ID | MP Family SSSM ID | MP Samagra ID List Online Download June 23, 2021
- UP Shadi Anudan Yojana: Uttar Pradesh Marriage Grant Scheme: June 23, 2021
- Shala Darpan Rajasthan: Login & Registration, Search School, Portal at rajshaladarpan.nic.in June 23, 2021