Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme: Delhiites are soon to get high quality premium bus service under the Delhi Motor Vehicles Licensing of Aggregator (Premium Buses) Scheme, 2023. The above scheme happens to be a premium intra-city bus service.
The bus fares will be somewhat higher as compared to other buses. This will include those buses that are run or owned by DTC (Delhi Transport Corporation). These premium buses will not have any standing and will be completely on app-based bookings.
Table of Contents
What is Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme?
In an initiative to help commuters a respite, Delhi government has decided to introduce high end premium buses that will be application based. Although, the fares in these buses will be high as compared to normal DTC buses, they will be best suited for the needs of delhiites.
The launch of the above scheme is also to entice hundreds of car owners to safely use public transport. At present, Delhi has up to 7,379 public buses for daily commuters.
These buses operate for over 600 bus routes in Delhi. Out of the above, 300 buses fall into the category of electric buses (3319 cluster and 4060 DTC buses).
Details of Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme|
|Launched By||Delhi Government|
|Objective||Mobile apps will be used by passengers to reserve seats on these buses|
|Benefits||The Scheme will lessen traffic on Delhi roads|
Features of Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme
- The state government of Delhi will launch a cluster of high end premium buses. These buses will be safe and punctual on time
- It has been done to minimize the use of private vehicles
- As these buses will be app based, you can use them as per your convenience
- You can book a seat online through an app.
- There will be no standing on these buses
- The fares in these premium buses will be higher than DTC and other buses
- Also, women won’t be able to travel in these buses for free
- The above premium buses will be operated by private companies and will be loaded with facilities like GPS, CCTV, WiFi, panic button and more
Who can operate the buses?
Those private aggregators who have already paid their respective license fee to the Delhi government will be allowed to run these buses. Only those buses will be allowed to operate that are under 3 years old.
Also, no license fee for electric buses will be charged utilized in this premium app based bus service.
Earlier Routine of Buses in Delhi
These high-end buses will connect fixed locations in Delhi and NCR. In early days, buses that were introduced only connected Delhi to Noida. These were private buses that followed directives of the government to ply on their routes. Also, they even followed a set timeline.
There were also Whiteline buses worked mainly as stage carriages. In the starting days, only 800 such buses were introduced. They were more luxurious and comfortable for passengers.
- Bihar Labor Free Cycle Yojana 2023: Govt. to Give Rs 3,500
- istem.gov.in Portal: Benefits, Features, I-STEM Login & Registration